In this workshop you will learn:
Day 1: Classroom Training
- Four Factors of Successful Contents Division
- Personnel - Defining the roles of the Contents Manager and Team Members
- Facility - Design Basics
- Equipment & Supplies
- Systems - Job Planning, Job Set Up, Inventory, Packing, Transporting, Storage & More
- Job Planning System - 50-point checklist and DOZENS of working documents - put your logo on them, change a few words and save hundreds in legal fees by using Barb’s documents.
Day 2 : Classroom & Hands-On Packing - Plus Pre-Estimating!
- Digital Photo Inventory System - with labels, working documents & forms. The basis for any inventory process – it’s simple, it’s time tested, any beginning tech can use it and best of all it was created in the field on real assignments…it works even when more fancy systems break down.
- Mobilizing supplies, setting up staging & holding areas. Even the big companies often get this one wrong and it costs them in time, materials and labor – this one insider’s secret may be worth the entire tuition fee.
- Determining best sorting & cleaning methods
- Packing Techniques - for efficiency & profitability – One contractor did everything right, but got pushback from the adjuster (he didn’t know about Barb’s “box secret.)” You will and you will use it again and again.
- Setting up pack out stations – tips from over 30 years on the frontlines – when time is money, you can take these to the bank.
- Packing of boxed items & wrapping of furniture – have you ever seen wooden furniture break apart even when no one is anywhere near it? Even after it was carefully packed? You can increase profit by things you do and you can increase profit by things you don’t do. Your team will know dozens of money-saving/money-making quick tips that will last their entire careers.
- Transporting & storage
- Basics of Smoke Damage - Identifying types of soot & determining proper cleaning techniques
- Pre-Estimating basics - So simple; you create it during the “walk-through” and so accurate it is virtually challenge proof! Why you should never offer an invoice at the end of the job (never play “Let’s make a deal” with the adjuster). Write your pre-estimate after the walk through and submit it so the adjuster can set the reserve and you can start collecting money.
Join us for classroom & hands-on training
designed for your managers & frontline team
Only $695.00 per person!
Wednesday & Thursday, May 15 & 16, 2024
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Price Includes: Continental breakfast, refreshments and lunch each day.
PLUS workshop manual & dozens of open Microsoft Word docs which are totally customizable. Insert your company logo & if you choose, you can customize the verbiage.
You will learn how to customize and implement your own Walk-Through System, Digital Photo Inventory System and complete Pack Out Process.
The Academy of Textiles and Flooring
1140 N. Armando St. Anaheim, CA 92806
Best Western Plus --just 5 minutes from the Academy.
118 E. Orangethorpe Ave Placentia, CA 92870
714-528-7778 - Ask for the ACADEMY rate.
John Wayne Airport, Orange County (SNA). Just 20 minutes from the Academy.
Barb Jackson, CR - Instructor
As President of Total Contentz, LLC, Barb helps restoration professionals improve their contents processing capabilities with the latest technology and procedures. Barb offers consulting and training services for full-service restorers and specialized cleaning contractors. She loves working with all members of the team - owners, managers and frontline workers - to help blend everyone's strengths and talents to improve all aspects of the contents restoration division.
Her particular areas of expertise are contents processing facility design, work flow and production strategies, on-site and warehouse contents processing procedures, along with contents packing and inventory techniques. Her design projects range in size from a 2,000 sq ft facility to an 8,000 sq ft warehouse within a 120,000 sq ft building. Barb has authored several industry articles published in C&R, Cleanfax and R&R trade publications. She also is co-creator of Contents Solutions Newsletter with Steven LaVelle.
Barb is a Restoration Industry Association (RIA) designated Certified Restorer (CR). Out of 570 Certified Restorers, she is the 11th woman to receive the designation. A Certified Restorer has met the requirements of the Restoration Industry Association Certified Program and is qualified to inspect, appraise and restore structure and furnishings from the effects of fire, smoke, water and other related perils.
She is currently serving as a voting member on the IICRC S320 Contents Standards Committee.
The Academy of Textiles and Flooring - Host Training Facility
For over 50 years, The Academy has been providing education and restoration certification classes to students across the US. Their staff and instructors believe that "Education is Opportunity" so the more classes and top-notch technical training you receive, the better you will be in this great industry.
Nate Seward, the owner, has over 24 years in this industry. Nate has acquired some of the highest academic credentials including Professional Mechanical Engineer (PE) and Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH). He is a Licensed Contractor (C20) and has maintained numerous environmental licenses and IICRC certifications. Nate maintains his IICRC Master Certifications in Water and Fire and teaches Water Restoration Technician (WRT), Applied Microbial Remediation Technician (AMRT), Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician (FSRT) and Odor Control Technician (OCT). He is also an EPA Approved instructor for the RRP Lead Paint Certification.
Terms and Conditions
Payment is due prior to the start of the workshop. Payment is non-refundable. Credit may be applied to other Total Contentz workshops, classes or events, or online products, in whole or in part, at the sole discretion of Total Contentz. Please notify Total Contentz of attendee changes prior to the start of the event. Attendees must attend all sessions to qualify for CE credit or other professional designations.