Contents Restoration & Pack Out
Estimate Writing, Reviews & Training
With over 30 years' experience, Barb Jackson, CR will write your pre-estimate in Xactimate from info you provide from your initial walk through; write the final estimate; and/or do a review when you get push back.
Or have Barb teach you with online Pre-Estimating Training!
Swamped with packout jobs?
Not getting preliminary contents estimates out quick enough?
Getting “push back” from adjusters?
Tired of waiting for the inventory report to submit your invoice?
Let us write your contents estimates and/or review your estimates prior to submitting.
We also offer training to show you how to write concise, transparent estimates which justify your charges.
Hi, I'm Barb Jackson, president of Total Contentz. I have 30 years of experience in Contents Restoration. I started my restoration service business in Pittsburgh in the 90's. When I wrote estimates for my jobs, I was so confident in them, that I viewed them as a not-to-exceed invoice. I actually collected advances and even payment-in-full at the beginning of projects!
I walked every job, saw the complexities, calculated my supplies and how I would charge for cleaning. I knew my team's capabilities and how many man hours to bill for. When I submitted my estimate/invoice - it was up to me to ensure production came in on schedule, on cost, which ensured my profit margin.
Now I can do the same for you by leveraging tools you already are using - like CompanyCam, Contents Track, Encircle; and 360° virtual video software like Matterport; - you can share details of the job site. I use these to virtually "walk the job" for you. The better the quality of photos and or videos that you provide, the better and faster we can write your estimates.
Let us write your estimates! Try us out! Let us help you maximize your time in the field and let us do the "desk work".
Getting started is easy!
- the NEW CLAIM form
- your photo files, (Encircle report, inventory reports, Company Cam photos, Matterport, or other 360° video)
Our team at Total Contentz will create your estimate in Xactimate. I personally review and finalize each and every estimate.
You will receive an ESX and PDF of the Final Draft.
If revisions are needed, simply let us know what changes are needed and we will send the revised file.
So, get out there and sign-up jobs - let me and my team take care of writing your estimates!
Contents Estimates - $475
Send us job photos and/or Matterport link, CompanyCam link, inventory reports, etc., and we will create an Xactimate estimate from scratch (includes pre-estimate or final estimate). We will provide the ESX file and PDF or we can build it directly in your Xactimate online account. (Just provide access)
Contents Estimate Review - $150
Send us your Xactimate estimate PDF and ESX file, along with photos, 360degree videos; etc., & we will review it for potential issues & possibly recommend additional valid line items to include which may have been overlooked.
Want to learn how It's done? We have a class for that!
Contents restoration estimates are typically the most confusing, least trusted and most challenged portion of a restoration project.
Avoid writing estimates which put up red flags with adjusters.
Learn a straight-forward, transparent method to base your contents estimating on.
- This 4-hour training session is offered via Zoom with Barb Jackson, CR
- Schedule at your convenience
- Include your entire team
- No travel expenses
Successfully written estimates:
- Increase sales
- Speed up closure rates
- Decrease ALE - Additional Living Expenses
- Improve profit margins
- Build trust with insureds and adjusters
- Allow adjusters to set reserves
Learn a system that takes the guess work out of pack out estimates. One that can be easily adjusted based on the actual work performed.
Which can match the requirements of insurance carriers, TPA programs, & individual adjusters.
When adjusters don't understand the pricing - they won't trust the estimate,
they may not trust the contractor - and of course - they will push back on it.
- When is a pack out truly justified? What factors should be considered?
- "Time & Material" or "Line Item" Pricing - Is one better? Is one guaranteed to be less expensive for the insurance carrier?
- When is on-site storage the worst option?
- What value is there in identifying high value contents ASAP?
- When is the best time to decide on the level of pack back?
Contractors- you may have seen your competitors win a bid based on a lower bottom line...only to see them submit supplements - which inflates the cost of the job in the long run.
Adjusters - you may have verbally agreed on a scope of work to be performed - was the delivered product as promised?
- Learn to understand the requirements of insurance carriers, programs and adjusters. High detail vs. very simple estimates.
- Overly complicated or too simplistic estimates - both can raise doubts.
- Success starts with a clearly defined scope AND an agreed upon estimate.
Learn how to
- Progressively educate adjusters on contents restoration
- Perform a thorough walk through
- Offer exceptional Customer Service
- Assess type of damage
- Identify contents affected
- Inspect for hidden conditions
- Document, document, document
- Determine scope based on policy provisions (or limitations)
- Establish and maintain control of the job and job costs
- Manage expectations for all stake holders
- Write T&M and Line Item Pricing
- Write clear opening statements
- Negotiate when there is limited coverage
- Protect yourself with Legal Contracts and Forms
- Set realistic expectations
- Use pre-estimating as a marketing tool and a way to get advance payments
- Create contents estimates for on-site cleaning and pack outs
- Minimize push backs/price objections